The benefits of a prepaid funeral
It’s not something we like to think about but being prepared for your funeral will save your family unnecessary financial strain during their time of grief.
Funeral Insurance, or a Prepaid Funeral ? How do you know which is suitable to your needs?
It’s important to know the facts before you make a decision.
Here are 4 things you need to know:
- Funeral Insurance premiums usually go up every year. If you can no longer afford to pay, you’re likely to lose every cent you’ve paid so far.
- A Distinctive Funeral Prepaid Funeral Plan can be arranged on a payment plan, with no price increases. And once it’s paid for, there are no ongoing costs.
- When your family does need to claim your Funeral Insurance, they’ll pay the current cost of a funeral, and your Funeral Insurance may not be sufficient to fully cover the costs.
- A Distinctive Funeral Prepaid Funeral Plan is a contract locked in at today’s prices. The cost of funerals will, inevitably, increase over time but your family won’t pay a cent more, not matter how many happy, healthy years you have ahead of you. Everything detailed in your fixed price contract will be honoured – guaranteed.
- You must continue to pay your Funeral Insurance generally until the day you die. It may end up costing you more than the cost of a funeral but there will be no refund.
- A Prepaid Funeral is capped at today’s prices. No more to pay.
- Most insurers only cover accidental death in the first year (sometimes in the first 2 years), so if you die of a terminal illness, you won’t be covered.
- A Prepaid Funeral is guaranteed – no matter the cause of death.
Prepaying a funeral with Distinctive Funerals at today’s prices doesn’t mean you must be unwell, it simply means you’re being prepared.
If you choose to prepay your funeral, it’s a good idea to tell your family about your decision, so they can enjoy the peace of mind, knowing it’s all taken care of.
For more information on Prepaid Funerals please contact us today.